Working at Pro-face
Pro-face provides the ideal environment for career-oriented individuals to achieve their maximum potential. A leading manufacturer of industrial hardware and software computer products for over 30 years, Pro-face seeks well-qualified candidates with a strong desire to make a contribution.
With corporate headquarters near Ann Arbor, Michigan, and sales and service offices across the USA and around the globe, Pro-face offers a competitive compensation and benefits package in a challenging work environment.
Department: Industry Business
Position: Offer Marketing Specialist
Location: Ann Arbor, MI or Raleigh, NC
This position is responsible for developing and executing all aspects of marketing plans for the Pro-face brand of HMI’s and iPC’s. Overall objective is to grow market share. This position will develop and implement marketing plans to include developing tools (printed, electronic, and web based) to facilitate ease of selection and implementation of products in the marketplace, launch of new products, obsolescence of old products. The position will work in collaboration with the Field Sales Engineers and the Technical Services Team to identify issues and opportunities for improvement of the customer experience. Channels to market include distribution and direct sales, OEM and End User accounts. Monitors sales and net income results, takes corrective action to ensure business plan goals are met. This position reports to the Manager of Offer Marketing.
- Applies market, application and account skills necessary for providing effective marketing support for existing Proface target audiences such as distributors, direct OEM’s, and End Users.
- Analyzes market share and trends, consults on sales/production forecasts.
- Positions and differentiates product in the marketplace through competitive pricing analysis.
- Analyzes needs, and drives development of e-tools to simplify product selection, grow product awareness, and increase success of sales team.
- Develops and implements Marketing Plans for each product range including product launches, obsolescence, and promotional activities.
- Acts as the Marketing interface to the global business unit, providing competitive trends, and US Marketing Country input.
- Supports channel and sales events as necessary, including customer visits, distributor webinars, etc…
- Develops and maintains successful relationships with existing Pro-face Distributors, large OEM & End User accounts.
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Computer Engineering is preferred. Candidates with a Business/Marketing Degree (non-engineering) and demonstrated experience in Marketing will also be considered.
- Experience in sales, marketing, or solution engineering in the Industrial Automation marketplace desired.
- Able to be flexible to meet time zone challenges, and work with global colleagues
- Strong project management skills, attention to detail, and effective time management are crucial.
- Excellent collaboration, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Travel requirements will be up to 10% domestically and includes trips to parent operations in Japan/France.
- Fluent experience and knowledge of MS Office including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Project.
Department: Industry Business
Position: Sales Application Engineer-Industrial Sales
Location: This position is ideally located in the Nashville, TN area and covers the South East area of the United States.
Responsible for the pre-sales and post-sale support and services of Industrial / OEM Accounts and Industrial Sales personnel and strategic vendors. The position combines significant elements of Sales, Marketing and Engineering. Territory of responsibility would include the South East area of the United States with approximately 20% overnight travel.
- Responsible for technically supporting pre-sales and post-sales efforts at key customers, target conversion accounts, projects and new market opportunities identified by the sales engineers.
- Develop specific customer solutions and proof of concepts to aid in the sale of automation products.
- Responsible for providing advanced and comprehensive technical application assistance supporting multiple locations as required.
- Local focal point for all communications between Vendor Partner Technical resources and internal marketing on Automation products and software.
- Be a technical resource for the customer and Internal Sales personnel.
- Assist in launching new Automation products to sales personnel and channel partners within the assigned region. This includes product training and competency with demo equipment.
- Actively promote Automation participation at local trade shows, customer seminars, and other local branch promotions as a way to increase customer awareness of Automation and Control product capabilities.
- Be an advisor and advocate for appropriate Automation and Control new product development that is required to provide excellent customer service.
- Ensure the general sales force (inside and outside) has a base level of Automation and Control products and software expertise necessary to support daily sales activity. Implement local training programs to address areas of need.
- Participate in identified training activities for Automation and Control products and software.
- Develop and publish white papers on specific automation solutions and customer applications that can be used as sales tools for the organization.
- Develop an understanding to the customer’s environment and our ability to provide solutions.
- Participate in required distributor training activity for Automation and Control products and software.
- Four year Engineering degree or two year degree or equivalent experience in industrial automation experience is preferred.
- Industrial Automation experience in PLC’s, Operator Interfaces (HMI’s), Variable Frequency Drives, Motion Control, Vision Systems, SCADA Systems, Data Collection, Networking, and Industrial PC’s is preferred.
- Good people interaction skills. Customer focused. Good communication and presentation skills.
- Apply advanced skills to resolve complex problems not covered by existing procedures or practices.
- Ability to train internal staff on the sales and commercial aspects of assigned products, including features, benefits, applications, and markets.
- Willingness and desire to participate in ongoing training to maintain technical competency in Automation products, software and complimentary areas.